Tuesday, October 7, 2008

FUN stuff


I follow this fun blog called Tip Junkie. Today she did a post on Halloween treats for the kids and I felt really inspired to try some of them: (I think Ken would have a blast making this one!) I would love to have a halloween party for Kenedey and her friends... do you think I can get motivated enough to have a few 6th graders over and do some fun treats/activities? Well here's to trying... i'll let you know how I come out!


Monster Mash

6 white bark chocolate squares

1 cup pretzel sticks

2 cups honey graham cereal

1 cup Halloween Color M&Ms

1 cup miniature marshmallows

orange food coloring

chocolate sprinkles

1. Melt 2 squares and then add pretzel sticks, coat well and place separately on wax paper until chocolate is hard.

2. Once chocolate is set/hard melt the remaining 4 squares. Once melted add orange food coloring.

3. Add 1 cup of honey graham cereal to half of melted chocolate and mix until the cereal is well coated with chocolate.

4. Add remaining ingredients... cereal, M&Ms, marshmallows, remaining chocolate, mix, add pretzels and chocolate sprinkles mix well.

5. Spoon out mixture in large clusters onto wax paper. Let the chocolate set and then eat.

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Kari! Trying to get in touch with you so call me when you can! I hope everything is going well!