Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This ones for the girls....

and this one outta make my mom proud! My great-aunt Joyce lives just down and across the street from me. She called and wanted to know if we wanted some Zucchini... Heck yeah we do!

So, tonight Carson and I went for a walk down there to visit her and pick up some Zucchini. Aunt Joyce is that perfect little grandma type. She is the cutest and even more sweet. She gave me a couple of recipes to try out with the zucchini and since I love it, I jumped right in tonight. I have a new oven and I really haven't gotten a chance to do much baking in it... its summer who wants to warm up the kitchen more?

So here is the recipe, because it's so good I have to share it with you!

Zucchini Blueberry Bread (I even put a little nutritional turn on it)
3 eggs (beaten) *I used egg beaters

1 cup oil *I used coconut oil (because my mom says its better for you ;-)

3 tsp vanilla

2 1/4 cup sugar
2 cups shredded zucchini *this was certified organic from A. Joyce's garden!!!




mix the above ingredients well








add:

3 cups flour *I used whole wheat
1 tsp salt

1tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp soda

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 pt. blueberries *mine were organic ;-)












Bake @ 350 degrees for about 50 minutes





I made some mini muffins because there was so much batter left. They are a great little snack! I can't wait to see if Carson gives it the thumbs up or down tomorrow for snack! I'll let you know.

1 comments:

Kayla said...

So did Carson like the muffins or not?????